Pages

Saturday, October 4, 2014

Better Late Than, Well, You Know....

Wow, I can't believe how long it's been since I posted on here.  Sometimes, though, life steps up and gives you a good shaking, and that's what's happened.  My oldest son suddenly got a great new job and moved. This happened in August. Then, school started back and on the first day my students returned, my husband suddenly lost all of the vision in his right eye.  Thankfully, he has optical neuritis and not something much, much worse, so he's slowly regaining his vision.  So, after a busy, frantic couple of months, I'm hoping that things now will settle down and allow me to get back to writing and making art.

Yes, making art has indeed gone from a "I've always wanted to try this" to a passion.  I spent lots of time this summer making collages and practicing techniques and, while I don't think I'm an artist, I've certainly enjoyed this new way to express myself.  Here are a few of my favorite pieces I've made. The image transfers are from my own photographs.


This is one of my favorites.  The photo of the flower in the middle is the first image transfer that worked really well and it's of a zinnia from my garden. 


This is one of my favorite mistakes.  I ended up painting the flowers in the middle when the photo transfer I attempted failed.  It's in my room at school.

My latest piece.  It's for my daughter.

Acrylics, stencils, layers of papers, lots of sanding, and a hand-painted daisy make this one another favorite mistake. I originally had tried to do a photo transfer that went really poorly.  Thank goodness!

Finally, this one was made on paper instead of canvas. It's for a dear friend and is layers of acrylic, stenciled and stamped inks and paints, one of my favorite sentiments, and another flower I painted.

1 comment:

The White Wave said...

I'm so happy for you, that you found-and shared-this passion.